Saturday, December 29, 2012

Okay Then...

Okay, this is going to be incomplete but I thought it more than worth putting out for you to see.  I was given a book for Christmas.  I opened it up to start to read the forward...  first of all, the name of the book is These are the Generations  by Bea and Foley.  It is about a North Korean couple...I think, after all I am barely into the forward.  Here are the first two paragraphs.

  When my wife and I speak about North Korea at events in the West, people always ask us, "How can we pray for the North Korean Christians?"  So we asked a group of North Korean underground Christians that question, they answered, "Pray for us? We pray for you!" 
  When we asked why, they replied, Because Christians in the West still have some wealth and freedom and power.  Most have not yet experienced what it is like when all you have in this life is God."

 When I considered this, my first response was, "Well that crosses all of us off the Christian list... so we have to get poor and helpless" (a semi-sarcastic thought)... just being honest.  Then I thought of all that we do have that takes the place of  true relationship, things like: cellphones (you know the type that you play games on, text and get on the web with), including Androids, Ipads, Ipods, tablets,etc. That is besides the computers, laptops, game cubes, Nintendos, not to mention the tv, dvds, movie theaters, restaurants, all the entertainment and recreation areas that are available to us at a drop of a hat... how much more should I list.  The worst of us still have more than 90% of the rest of the world.
 Our time is divided, with all the gadgets that we possess to save time we should have 34-36 extra hours in each day, just waiting and wanting for things to do.  I bet most of us could go without prayer, meditation or even worship for a week and feel okay.  Most however, would be going through withdrawal symptoms if we had no internet connection or entertainment for that same week.  SELAH (stop and think about it for a while)


If you want an email of the posts or an alert to my latest blog postings, please email me at smbutler@outlook  dot (.) com (written that way to help avoid spam) or any other way you contact me and give me your email address.  You'll stay up to date and maybe get a smile on your face and Jesus stronger in your heart.  I promise not to spam you or sell any info. 

No comments:

Post a Comment