Thursday, December 13, 2012

Bumper Sticker

  As you drive you see all kinds of bumper stickers, some are funny, others say how good their kid is doing in school, even who to vote for and finally there is occasionally the kind that makes you think. There are so many various stickers that within an hour, if not minutes, of seeing them you  don't remember what they said.  There are the occasional ones that do however stay with you (then becoming a mind sticker).  I saw one of those a month or two ago.  (No matter your belief system or political affiliation, I ask that you read this to the end.  Promise?)
  I am not now quite sure what other stickers there were on the suv, if there were any, but this one said, "You cannot be both Catholic and a Democrat".  It got me thinking... my first thought was, something along the line of  'wow this person knows how to draw a line in the sand'.  After that, things like 'and people think I am pretty black and white',  'this is one sticker that you won't see very often' and then finally I started to consider what is it was that they are trying to convey.  As I thought of the various items that would cause this person to put this on their vehicle (smallish suv,  funny I can still slightly picture the vehicle) the only one I could come up with was abortion.    Now before you shut me off please read to the end.    (You promised)  This post really isn't about abortion, but I will have to deal with it till I get to my main point.
    This person obviously thought that abortion is wrong and the act, probably murder.  Over 15 years ago I watched a video about abortion, afterwards I cried for hours.  I remembered working, the rest of the day, in a house with tears rolling down my face.  I can take you to the spot.  For those of you who have never seen such a video or haven't FULLY investigated the issue (3000 abortions are still being done each DAY in the USA)  and watched video of people that worked in the clinics, you should, Youtube has some, so you can  at least make an informed decision.  Here is one to start you off on that road, Video  It is graphic but nothing like what I saw years ago.  It has no spoken words, a few french  subtitles and music in that background that tempers down (probably to much) the video.  I would again encourage you to do a full investigation to decide for yourself.
   If the act of abortion cannot be considered murder, when does the act become murder? At which week or day or second before birth does the "fetus", aka baby, aka human become a life?   Is it only when her or she is on the outside, then killing them, that possible crime is committed?  If that is true, then any "fetus" that is still alive after an abortion and is then "terminated" (just writing that makes me feel like a Nazi dealing with a Jew) would then qualify as a murder.  Why is someone charged with a double murder if a pregnant woman is killed?  Or if you favor abortion and think that the intent or desire of the woman determines whether it is a "fetus" or a baby, why are women who give birth and "dispose" of the body charged with murder?   (The Democrat party line is one of abortion and unrestricted abortion and promotion and funding of abortion.   Lets rephrase that, the Democrat party line is one of murder and unrestricted murder and the promotion and funding of murder.  Which is,  I believe, what the person in the suv was trying to convey.)
  Now on to my point... what morals or beliefs (from your religion) do you have that would or could stop you from belonging to a political party.  Any?  If you have none, I would have to say you are either ignorant, willingly looking the other way or really not in contact with your God.  If there is none or you look the other way, I am sorry to tell you, your god is your political affiliation.  Good luck with that one!  As for Christianity,  Jesus said that you can only serve one master, you'll love the one and hate the other, or hate the one and love the other.
(slight deviation here) "Well I am a (insert political affiliation here) because we watch out for the little person  (except the "fetus'" of course)."  Why is it, as a whole, people who belong to your party don't give or give little to charities?  Do you know that Bill Clinton takes a tax deduction for giving his used underwear to Goodwill?  Now that's charity!  I once belonged to a church that if you did not give and give generously you were put down and really not considered a part of them.  In the same way if you are giving other people's money away and not your own (and not being more generous with your own) you are just as deceived.
  (Back to point)  Are you more outspoken in your political affiliation or your relationship with God?  What has your attention?  You may want to consider that.
  **A bite to chew on for awhile**  Milea recently saw a facebook post of a past teacher's quotes, given by the students.  There were a lot of good ones, but one really caught my attention.  "Intellectual deception follows moral rejection." 

No comments:

Post a Comment