Saturday, February 2, 2013

A Glorious Change


 I read about a man, I believe in a Smith Wigglesworth's (1859-1947) biography, that was riding in a coach or a train.  A fellow passenger, who was seated across from him, was getting noticeably agitated.  Near the end of the trip the man got down on his knees saying something like " Sir, you convict me of my sinfulness" and proceeded to repent to God for his sins.  The unusualness of this incident is that the man (who I believe to be Smith Wigglesworth) had neither said or done anything towards this man, and I believe he had been just reading a book during this trip.  What had happened?  Smith had spent the morning in the presence of God and was carrying His presence with him.  We can also read of Peter whose shadow (I believe can also be translated brightness) falling on a sick person would cause a healing or Stephen's and Moses' face shining, or rags, that were touched by Paul, healing people.  All these and more were a result of the presence of God.
  Well don't we all have God living inside us?  And what are you doing about it?  Is it Him or you that shines out?  Here is a brief test... if someone cuts you off rudely in traffic what is your response?
 
   
2Ti 2:20 But in a great house there are not only vessels of gold and of silver, but also of wood and of earth; and some to honour, and some to dishonour.   21 If a man therefore purge himself from these, he shall be a vessel unto honour, sanctified, and meet for the master's use, and prepared unto every good work. 


  "If a man therefore purge HIMSELF"...  While I stood and stand under His influence  I am continually being washed and changed. How is the presence of God bestowed upon us?  I believe that the influence of heaven these days is not only the Holy Spirit but also the angels that are on assignment,  look at what Jesus said, "Verily, verily, I say unto you, Hereafter ye shall see heaven open, and the angels of God ascending and descending upon the Son of man."    That hereafter means from now on, it was a continual flow of heavens influence upon and for Jesus.  They were not only bringing messages, gifts (like healing or strength) but I believe they were also bringing the glory of the Father down and upon Jesus.  Look at how that glory upon Stephen made the religious devils mad, Acts 6:15+. 
  You hear people say I'm doing this for the glory of God.  I'm telling you that getting some of the glory of God on you will help you to do something to give Him glory. 
  Personally I would rather listen to someone that has been spending time with Him and getting some of Him upon them, than someone who can speak all the right words because of an education and study.  It was said of the disciples, by the educated elite of their time, that they could tell the disciples were uneducated, but that they had been with Jesus,  Acts 4:13.   Selah (stop and ponder on that!)

1 comment: