Monday, February 4, 2013

Daddy, Can I go out and Play?

  A thought hit me today, more like a ping pong ball rather than a baseball... thankfully.  Before I start, I know that I will not make points with some, however I will continue in the hope that some will grab hold of this concept and run with it.
  I have heard some saying we should become like the church of the book of Acts, some are saying that we shouldn't and instead we should be the church that reflect what is needed for this age.  I have a problem with both these views.
  After the first couple centuries of believers, the church moved to an institutional organization whose goal became promotion of the organization instead of the Christ that redeemed it.  It became a dictatorship and a government that ruled around the world deposing of any that a opposed it.  Sending thousands to both heaven and hell by killing them.  Through the centuries the church has slowly removed some of the chains that she bound herself with, but we have kept the institution of the organization paramount.  I had previously belonged to one such "church" whose head said "When people leave (his group of churches) they are leaving God".  So in essence this organization made itself, when you boil it down, either equal to God or "the church", with there being no other. 
  The second condition we find ourselves in is that we have also moved the church inside away from public eyes and exposure.   If you notice 90+% of the healings in the NT were done not only outside the church walls (as the people being used in the healings were often out walking) but also to random people not even looking for healing and many of whom were nonbelievers.
Okay, so here is the thought that hit me,  have you ever heard of a "healing service" in the Bible?  Yet, it is a frequently held service in today's church world.
1Co 12:9  To another faith by the same Spirit; to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit;  This  gift is not speaking of a doctor or nurse... unless you want to say that my carpentry and construction skills should be listed as a gift of the Spirit (or even the the gift of cleaning?).  Now wisdom, another gift, is and can be used along with skills that you may learn.
 Milea has a great, great uncle* (I think) who would see thousands of people healed in services as he ministered, in a tent that he would set up in various towns, often staying 6 weeks and hauling away "boxcars full of medical equipment" from those who were healed.  He ministered outside the church at least, but I think the time is to be outside and in the streets and public buildings looking for God to use you.  How long did it take Peter to find out that people were getting healed by his shadow/brightness (see previous blog or two).  Maybe you should start looking for people that will surrender their life to God just because you walk by (see previous blog).  The person in Wal-Mart will get out of the wheel chair because you carry a strong presence of the Father.

  *Raymond T Richey

If you want an email alert to my latest blog postings, please email me at smbutler@outlook  dot (.) com (written that way to help avoid spam) or any other way you contact me and give me your email address.  You'll stay up to date and maybe get a smile on your face and Jesus stronger in your heart.  I promise not to spam you or sell any info.

No comments:

Post a Comment