Friday, February 22, 2013

To be or not to be (feeling Shakespearean)

 In my last post I wrote a  line.
 It is on your palms.
 It is sometimes in TV shows.
 Sometimes used in rescues.
 It is a life line.

 There are areas in our life that we have no control over.  Your height (unless you decide to lop yourself off at the knees).
 Your eye color (unless you get them tattooed).
 Who your parents or kids are.
 Where you were born.
 To a great part what other people do.
 But there is one thing that you do have control over and that is YOU!
 The line I wrote was "Life will be as boring as you allow it to be."
 If you are grumpy, Misery will be your companion.
 If you are a liar, Deception will be your best friend.
 If you are an optimist, good things are around the corner.
 Etc.

  If there are areas you want changed, do it!  A lot of your life is determined with the small attitudes that you have learned to live with.  Small adjustments can make a big difference.  Capturing that thought, before it influences your future actions can make a big difference.  Learn small actions and/attitudes to make your way pleasant.
"But I can't change them, I've tried."
 Then, this is where the Father can and will come and help you.  As I learned to sit still and live with His precious presence around me, anger fell off me and joy came.  I went through bouts of laughter and I am sure I looked quite insane to some, but it made a eternal change in me. (In His presence is fulness of joy and that is a lot!  You talk about a real LOL!).  Many never realize the scope of the verse that says " it is your Father's good pleasure to give you the kingdom" and all that goes with it.  Don't sell your Father short or underestimate  His love and what He is willing to do for you.  If, as another verse says, He gave us His Son shall he not ALSO freely give us all things?
 Don't get me wrong, if I chose to, I could go back and embrace anger.  I could do it and get a whole lot worse by my decisions.  Life is one BIG choice after another.  What small choices you make each day start to add up to a much larger sum (attitudesxattitudes+choicesxchoices=yourlife).  How you will react to situations... will you forgive or choose bitterness or murder, those are big decisions that will set you and others down a path that will make you and others make more choices.  The answers are in the Father.  "I lay out before you life and death.  Please for your own good choose life"


 

No comments:

Post a Comment