Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Stepping on Toes ...follow-up

Things to consider when accusing or condemning others with borderline (grey area) "sin".
Mt 7:3 And why behold thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but consider not the beam that is in thine own eye?
 4 Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye?
or
Rom 14:4 Who art thou that judges another man's servant? to his own master he stands or falls. Yea, he shall be held up: for God is able to make him stand.
  I remember hearing something from a few years back it went something like this: "If God is able to catch a fish (the act of our salvation) He is also able to clean them." Again just to make myself clear, sin is sin and we need to help those who are caught up in it, but condemnation and belittling them does not help.  Just because others may not live up to your standards (note I did not say God's) doesn't mean they are in the wrong.
 Today, while I was working, I was pondering today's blog and how the church (the organization) makes grey areas more defined.  My conclusion is that many in the church (organization, some not believing in the power of God unto salvation) are not saved and in communion with the Father thus out from under the ability or the desire to follow His voice.  So in order to get an appearance of the working of God they invoke rules and regulations that have the appearance of godliness.  Other church groups thus picked up their rules (not to be left behind in what others considered sin) and adopted  their traditions.
  In my own life there have been areas that I could correct, but the other ones that were too hard for me.   God took care of when I discovered how to really draw near and submit myself to Him.  He was and still is faithful.

No comments:

Post a Comment