Sunday, June 26, 2011

I'll give you $100 U.S. for your $100 of Monopoly money

"No I won't! I like my Monopoly $ too much!"  Can you say, "idiot"?  (Well maybe in these days the Monopoly $ would buy more, but for now lets not go there.)  Yet we often have that response to God.  We will keep what we have and refuse the real stuff!
John 1:16 And of his fulness have all we received, and grace for grace.
My previous interputation of this verse and I think some versions actually say "grace upon grace".  The word "for" between the graces in verse 16 is, in the Greek, "anti" -opposite,  i.e.  instead  or  because of (rarely in addition to):--for, in the room of. Often used in composition to denote contrast, requital, substitution.
 So I feel pretty good about saying..."And we get His fulness if we would just exchange what we can do in the natural (habits, thinking, strengths and talents) and in it's place take His ability".  Why do you think that it says in  2Co 12:9 And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my(God's) strength is made perfect in(Paul's) weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.
Our habit is to do what we can until we reach our limit and then call out to Him, but if we realize that we just can't do something we are  usually more apt to first call out for His help. 
Would you rather have your wisdom or His?  His healing or yours? His power or yours?
Do we need to think about this for awhile?
.

1 comment: