Sunday, June 12, 2011

Back to Galatians 2



Ga 2:19 For I through the law am dead to the law, that I might live unto God.
The news is… the doing is not to be your focus.  Your focus is to your relationship with the Father.  I need to stop here because I just realized something.  I have known of Catholics that say they pray to Mary because it is easier and less threatening than praying to God.  A not worthy mentality… and you weren’t worthy either until what Jesus did for you to make you acceptable to the Father.  Here is my realization:  relating to Mary…okay I guess, as far as that can go… relating and having a brotherly love and friendship with Jesus, may seem odd to some… but to get past the God Almighty image, is just too hard for most.  Can you get to the position of Jesus where He could honestly say “Abba Father” or Daddy Daddy.   I remember hearing someone calling Him “Daddy” and I baulked at it , it sounded strange, foreign, pushy and childish.  A little later I remembered the verse, “Unless you become as a child…” …Selah (stop and think about that for awhile).
I am not belittling the Almighty God that we are now in relationship with, by any means, but there is an intimate side that to “live unto God” takes.  If you try to “live unto God” without that developing the open and close relationship first, you’ll find yourself into works still trying to get acceptance and trying to make yourself worthy to Him.  If you start with relationship then what you’ll end up doing is not for acceptance, but out of love and wanting to be part of what He is doing.  At this point we can see Paul’s logic to the Galatians when he called them foolish. “Hey! Did you get the Spirit because of what you did or what you believed?” (my phrasing). 
Saying a “Daddy” prayer is one thing. Can you say to someone “You want to know what my Daddy God said to me?”

1 comment:

  1. 1. What child that has a somewhat decent relationship with their father doesn't come alongside and almost pestily wants to help their father do whatever he is doing?

    2. I remember walking into a "Christian Book Store" about 20 years ago and seeing a whole aisle devoted to books about Jesus, and then a slightly smaller section for the Holy Spirit...I could not find more than 2 books about the Father! I know that this has improved over the years, but not as much it should be.

    ReplyDelete