Thursday, March 14, 2013

Am I a Schizophrenic?... Or am I?

  Today we are going to take a brief glimpse at what may first look like spiritual schizophrenia. 
 In John 17:21 Jesus prays, "That they all may be one; as you, Father, are in me, and I in you, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that you have sent me."
  There is so much in this verse, lets start to look at it and see how far we get.  For you math majors... J+F=F+J (Jesus in the Father=the Father in Jesus) and  F+J+DR=U+J+F  (Father in Jesus and His Death and Resurrection=You in Jesus in the Father)  Jesus in the Father and the Father in Jesus...  Argg! Mind melting! Brain freeze! Overload! Overload! What?  How is that even possible?  I don't know or even can come close to understanding it (that's the reason for the brain overload).  However, there is more.  Remember the verse: "...my Father will love him, and We will come unto him, and make Our abode with him"?  So, not only are you in Jesus and the Father, but the Father and Jesus are in you!  But wait, there is more... the Father, Jesus and the Holy Spirit are all there (F+J+HS+U)!  Four of you, all in the same space!  What chance does the old man or the devil have?  That is where the problem may be.  Are you as much in Them as They are in you (or vice versa or versa vise)?  I have found that the more I pursue after Him, the more He is pursuing me!  There is a verse in James that puts it this way:  Draw nigh to God, and He will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded.  Being double minded is a limiter in the kingdom of God.  There is a blessing in being single minded, and that blessing is the opportunity to draw near to the Father that lets Him pursue after you!  Is it manifesting yourself in His presence or Him into yours (He in you, you in Him)? I am not sure which is best, so lets go for both!  Look again at John 17:21.  After we get the whole me in Him and Him in me manifesting... "that the world may believe that You have sent Me."  It is relationship evangelism, but it is because the world will see God in me and because I can not hold all of Him, He will leak out upon others that I come in contact with.  In the book of Acts the religious hierarchy of the day noted this of the the disciples: "That they had been with Jesus" or (because of the whole F+J+DR=J+F+U) that the disciples had been with the Father.  Oh my!
  So how do you do this whole F+J+U=U+J+F thing?  I am not going to tell you!  You need to explore it yourself.  I will tell you that it may take an investment in time, you'll probably have to go beyond where you currently are, learning to worship Him more and maybe even learning to be still and letting Him minister to you personally.  Go and draw nigh unto Him for your own sake and see what happens!


If you want an email alert to my latest blog posts, please email me at smbutler@outlook.com  or any other way you contact me and give me your email address.  You'll stay up to date and  just maybe get a smile on your face and Jesus stronger in your heart. There is also an email button on the right side of my blog for contacting me.

No comments:

Post a Comment