Thursday, November 10, 2011

Looking for a change?

  This morning as I got up and was compelled (probably too strong a word) I was inclined to read the Word.  I did the Holy flip (just opening up the Bible, not knowing the upside down-right side up orientation).  I ended up in Galatians (a book I had once memorized and can sometime quote along with someone reading, especially if they are using the NASB). 
Ga 4:19  My little children, of whom I travail in birth again until Christ be formed in you,
   The word  formed  in the Greek is morphoo, sound familiar?  Yes, I think most of us recognize it as morphed.  Better put, it could be said that Paul was going to pray until they "morphed into Christ". Selah (click all-cracked-up-stop-and-think-about if you don't understand "Selah").
  For the last month or three I have been reading my  Bevington book which mentions how they used to pray and/or travail for "sanctification".  Sometimes the people would pray and sit before God for days, if not a week plus, till they "got" what they were after (I know that it was mostly an infilling or baptism of the Holy Spirit), but the way they talk about it makes me think more happened and we have missed out. (I think, in our quick and get lives, we perceive all things are attainable in minutes if not seconds, (Microwave Complex Thinking, MCT, yes this is my theory).   Perhaps there was a little morphing going on. 
  When I was in my teens I would go to a camp in northern  Minnesota (well, well north of us anyway).  Being the youngest I had been preceded by my other siblings.  I would hear several times a day "Are you Jon's brother?" or people would sometimes address me as "Jon",  so much so I started to disliked him and finally (for awhile) would answer, "No!" or "No, he is my brother!".  What was going on (other than Jon was probably paying them, in an attempt to drive me nuts) was that they recognized  family physical and mental traits as well as mannerisms and habits that become similar because of being around each other so often.  Selah...  (you become like, morph into, those you hang around with)... True interaction or communion with Him causes change (morphing).
  Can you imagine if we all not only did a little morphing, but as the caterpillar does when it changes into a completely different creature, would do a complete morph into Jesus?  I am not saying to become another Son of God, but so alike people would see Him and we would truly be a son of God, just like Him.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment