Tuesday, April 5, 2011

I DO

Let’s take a quick look at two things that made Jesus effective in His life before the cross.

John 8:28 Then said Jesus unto them, When ye have lifted up the Son of man, then shall ye know that I am he, and that I do nothing of myself; but as my Father hath taught me, I speak these things.

He had a relationship with the Father to the point where He witnessed that the Father taught Him.  So He had communication between Himself and the Father
A few verses earlier He says that He speaks the words that He had heard the Father speak to Him.


John 8:26 I have many things to say and to judge of you: but he that sent me is true; and I speak to the world those things which I have heard of him.

How much more effective we could be if we would take the time in developing our relationship with the Father ourselves so that we could hear clearly and easily.

John 5:19 Then answered Jesus and said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he sees the Father do: for what things soever he doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise.


In John 5:19 we see that Jesus saw and did.  It is a development of His spiritual life.  We can do the same but it does take time and effort.  What was Jesus doing from age 1-30? Besides growing, He was cultivating His relationship with the Father.

Luke 2:52 And Jesus increased in wisdom and stature, and in favour  with God and man.

He did not have all the things necessary until He learned and increased with God.  I have frequently found people that think because Jesus was the Son of God  He always knew and could always do anything.  Jesus, Himself testifies to the contrary, He was continually receiving help and instruction from the Father.
  So often we get impatient when things don’t happen with us spiritually as quickly as we think it should.  The apostle Paul spent three years in the desert where he spent time learning.  My question for you is what are you doing today to increase in wisdom, stature and favour with the Father?

No comments:

Post a Comment